You will work with the Client Portfolio Managers, Fiduciary advisors, Portfolio Managers and the Client team to develop highly effective customised solutions for individual clients, as well as innovative and commercially attractive new multi-client solutions. The solutions will draw on the investment specialisms within the Investment Solutions team – LDI, Derivatives and Cashflow Driven Investment – and the firm’s wider investment toolkit, including credit, responsible investment and multi-asset.
You will covers both UK and European clients. You will report directly into the Head of Solution Design
How you'll spend your time
The Solution Design team plays a key role within the Investment Solutions team. The team partners with client facing team members (Client Portfolio Managers, Fiduciary advisors and the Client team) and market facing team members (Portfolio Managers) to:
• Understand client requirements and commercial parameters.
• Design robust and commercially attractive solutions.
• Communicate the solutions effectively.
The Solution Design team’s deliverables can be broadly defined as either:
• Designing customised solutions for individual clients that use largely pre-developed strategies and methodologies. Activities include:
• LDI structuring/hedge benchmark design. Covers pooled LDI fund solutions and bespoke fund/segregated LDI solutions.
• Contributing to Fiduciary Management advice, including Asset Liability Modelling.
• Other customisable strategies where the Investment Solutions team has a specialism, e.g., protection mandates (equity options etc.) and Cashflow Driven Investment solutions.
• Maintenance and development of tools and processes for above.
• Developing new solutions: new pooled fund solutions or bespoke fund/segregated solutions that can be adopted by multiple clients, harnessing the investment specialisms within the Investment Solutions team and the wider firm’s investment toolkit.
• Maintaining and developing existing multi-client offerings managed by the Investment Solutions team (e.g. LDI pooled funds): assessing ongoing suitability and adapting as necessary.
The team works primarily with UK, Irish, Dutch and German institutional clients (DB and DC pension funds and insurance companies), but there is scope to expand this to other geographies and channels over time.
• Analyse clients’ assets and liabilities.
• Design client and potential client solutions ensuring appropriateness of proposal and co-ordinate with client facing and market facing teams on solution design.
• Help develop and maintain models for analysing liability and asset risks, and for solution design.
• Design innovative solutions to address emerging client challenges, using the full Investment Solutions and BMO/Columbia Threadneedle toolkit. Help drive new solution development through idea inception, testing, build, launch and growth to scale.
• Provide effective materials on client solutions for RFPs, client ad hoc queries, consultant research meetings etc.
• Provide input into client reporting and monitoring and help support and improve reporting processes.
• Participate in some client meetings, research meetings, training, consultant updates/research as required.
• Act with integrity always. Maintain awareness of and manage risks in line with client and regulatory requirements.
Do not engage in behaviours having a negative impact on the proper functioning of the markets. Escalate concerns that could result in poor customer outcomes and/or a negative impact upon market integrity immediately.
• Maintain and develop own investment expertise and market knowledge.
• Attend all compliance and risk training workshops as required.
To be successful in this role you will have
• Experience in a relevant role, such as institutional asset management or investment consulting.
• Experience in UK defined benefit pensions, including investment strategy and the client and regulatory environment.
• Experience in Liability Driven Investment is an advantage.
• Experience in Asset Liability Modelling is an advantage
• Sound knowledge of investment matters, covering derivatives and fixed income in particular.
• Strong modelling and analytical skills, especially using Excel.
• Attention to detail, accuracy, and quality a must.
• An innovative mindset and commercially aware.
• Strong collaborator with an ability to work with all types and levels of people within the organisation.
• Comfortable with taking on responsibility and being accountable for deliverables.
• Good communication skills, both orally and in writing.
• CFA or Actuarial qualification an advantage.
About Columbia Threadneedle Investments
Working at Columbia Threadneedle Investments you’ll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you’ll find growth and career opportunities across all of our businesses. We’re intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,500 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 650 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies, and we have the capability to create bespoke solutions matched to clients’ specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognise that our success is due to our talented people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter.
Worker Sub Type
Job Family Group