*May require working occasional evenings and weekends.
- Coach phone agent performance via e-mail, phone, and face to face interactions regarding policies and procedures, systems knowledge, and customer service skills. Serve as a mentor to provide agents with feedback to improve their overall performance. Be responsible for field questions/escalations with in-bound calls and facilitate call-backs, as needed.
- Perform quality review functions for the team, including real time and recorded call monitoring sessions and end to end error checking, reporting, and validation through the appropriate channels. Share quality results with phone agents and leader. Spend time walking the floor assisting customer professionals.
- Partner with training to develop and publish to new employees information regarding training functions, including new hire onboarding, training design and delivery, competency assurance, and ongoing mentor.
- Participate in business driven projects and initiatives.
- Take a lead role in proactively reaching out to employees or relationship partners to educate them on systems and other processes. Serve as back-up resource to other customer service teams or team leader, as needed.
- Education: High school or GED.
- Experience: 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in a service call center or transaction processing.
- Strong working knowledge of customer service processes, policies, techniques, and applicable regulations.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Proven ability to research and resolve complex, high-priority service issues in a timely manner.
- Ability to influence behavior and performance of others without having direct leadership accountability.
- Product-specific or financial services industry experience.
- Experience with Ameriprise customer policies and procedures.
About Our Company
We’re a diversified financial services leader with more than $1 trillion in assets under management and administration. Our team of 20,000 people in more than 20 countries advise, manage and protect the assets and income of more than 2 million individual, small business and institutional clients. We are a long-standing leader in financial planning and advice, a global asset manager and an insurer. Our unwavering focus on our clients and strong financial foundation connects each of our unique businesses - Ameriprise Financial Services, Columbia Threadneedle Investments and RiverSource Insurance and Annuities. Here, we foster meaningful careers, invest in the future, and make a difference for clients, institutions and communities around the world.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Family Group
Line of Business